Tuesday, July 6, 2010

With seconds ticking...

I never have, in my life...felt the uncontrolled horror of my own actions as I did yesterday. Today I thank God for the answered prayers of my sweet Grand daughters who never left their knees once they found out the horror that Toby was going through. (they absolutely love him) With seconds ticking down the time span for that pill to dissolve into Toby's system we were all frantic. ME especially, as I was the one who gave it to him by accident. After one and one half hours the pill was removed, in tact...WHOLE, as though untouched. I am still amazed! The Vet was as well (he called around 7PM. He had been on vacation!)

Toby's tummy was upset all day long after 'the incident' and he threw up everything that he was given, even water. But today is a new day and I feel so grateful that Toby did the simplest of things when he saw me. He wagged his tail. I guess he doesnt' understand that I was the one who caused the day to spin out of his control, and ours. But even if he did- he would forgive me, that I have no doubt. Dog's are amazing. Little Earth angels, with tiny horns! LOL!

Thanks Linet for 'being there' when no one else could be. We didn't have time to drive clear up to the south hill to save him...we had minutes to get that out...it should have dissolved and been gone...but the pill waited for us! THANK YOU, thank you...thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment