Friday, July 2, 2010

GREAT morning!

Yesterday turned out to be a difficult day with Toby, for the first half anyway. The afternoon brought a change- and I think it had to do with GREEN GRASS. He ate it...lots of it. I think he had a tummy ache. After he consumed more then I thought he would- he acted so much better. He 'patrolled the perimeter of the yard, even going around and through the bushes! He hasn't DONE That once since this began. I'd say that is another 'very good sign' of improvement!

This morning he was 'up and at em' first thing! His mood seems good, his body is moving all right- he still has some obvious weakness in his left hind quarter but...it's is most diffidently improved from the beginning.

I think it is obvious that there will be some up days and some down days. From what I can find through other peoples blogs is that it seems to be the norm to feel that way. Slipped disks or herniated disks, (which I was told are the same thing by the vet) take time. They are painful, ask any human! I don't imagine that it is any less painful to a dog. Now, For my husband and I to learn to 'ride with it' is going to be the assignment from me!! We are 'up and down' right along with Toby! Not good. Too emotional!! Another thing that makes this all even harder- try to get stuff DONE!! Geech!! It took me all day yesterday to weed ONE flower bed and mow the lawn! I was out standing with Toby waiting for him to 'be ready' to come inside! He has 'gotten it'...he has figured out that we cannot pick him up, drag him in....or anything! He has all power!! LOL! This must be kind of entertaining for him.............

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo Some days he's going to feel like Tigger and some days like Eeore? Hoping for many more Tigger days than Eeore days!

    ReplyDelete