Sunday, July 25, 2010

Haircut.....what a day THAT was.....

 

 

 

 
A week ago tomorrow Toby got a haircut. He needed it so BADLY- he was obviously uncomfortable and had a hard time with the mats that were forming over his eyes! So, we found a company that comes to your house to groom dogs- and even takes special care with Special needs dogs. This gal was wonderful with Toby!! She talked to him and soothed him...and soothed my husband who helped. It was very scary actually, as Toby wasn't happy with the procedure which took 2 full hours as she was verrrry carefully taking her time with him. He had to be 'taken down to the skin' practically, although there was one lower setting, it left him all pink and spotted and definitely NOT looking like a BICHON! The process left him seemingly worse off, weaker,more apt to fall to the side and shaking a lot. He required pain pills twice a day (they are 12 hour ones) and at first he didn't eat a thing- for two full days. But the GOOD news- coupled with the grand kids visits and maybe the haircut (he has always loved being 'pretty') well...he has been running around the yard for the last 2 days as though he is a healed dog!! No more pain pills, no more leash. We DON'T let him jump up on the furniture or run up and down the stairs (we have 2 full flights of stairs in this house)But let me tell you- TOBY thinks he is fully healed- acts it- plays like it- the depression is gone- in fact, when he saw Eliza (our oldest Grand daughter who he considers his 'other mommy') he SMILED- and gave her a kiss! We hadn't seen a smile from him in over 5 weeks......... I am happy to announce that I can NOW change the subjects in this Blog!- WELL- after I TAKE THE FINAL PICTURE- I am HOPING to DO that tomorrow or Tuesday- BECAUSE now it is ME who can't walk.... or bend...or play... some kind of weird bug has hit me BIG time - verrrry painful joints (all of them I think!), my muscles then got involved and a pretty good fever has gone along WITH it. So, tomorrow I am off to the doctor to make ME feel better! (although, my joints have backed off in the pain department leaving only my knees and lower back painfully hurting, I think I'd better try to figure this out- besides my MOM is making me!!)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. LOL - Mom's making you go?!? When she made ME go, it was almost laughed out of the office with a bad cold!
    Glad Toby is doing better and enjoyed the kids visit! '
    And heres hoping you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor toby. some of those shots, it looks like he is giving you the stink eye, or something.

    ReplyDelete