Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The pepto-wrestle...

 

Toby's stomach lining is burned and his esophagus probably in the same condition. This is caused from the hydrogen peroxide that he took yesterday to make him throw up the pill he was given by accident. He has been vomiting ever since. So, after 36 hours of not being able to keep stuff down longer then 2 hours at a time, he had to be given Pepto Bismol@ to coat his stomach and calm it down. I can give him a couple of tablespoons of water at a time, about 1-2 hours apart. He isn't dehydrated as my daughter in law pointed out. He wouldn't be going pee if he was, and he did. SO, that is a good sign- obviously some of the water we have given him is staying in his system. He hasn't had food stay down - and he is hungry! But in order to help his tummy we have to hold off on the food until his stomach has had time to rest.

I tried and tried and coaxed and plead to get Toby to open his mouth and take his pink medicine, but he refused and I am sooo afraid of hurting his back that I just couldn't FORCE it in him. So, I called Jennifer, my daughter in law- who is in town for three weeks, staying with her parents first and then when my son gets in town they will come here (on the 16th OF JULY!)ANYWAY, she is amazing with animals...and people. She is very calm. I am very NOT calm right now. I am quite frantic in dealing with my poor Toby. I am afraid...and so I over-react...panicking a bit too quickly over things like this. So, she came over and the 2 of us were able to pry my little guys mouth open enough to get the stuff in him...and on him..and nope- he will NOT allow me to wash his face. I think tonight he has HAD IT WITH ME. I cannot blame him.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment