Thursday, June 24, 2010

not the best morning....but not the worst.

Toby had a bit of trouble getting up and out the door to go potty at 4:45 AM. (I'm glad it's light outside at that time!) He did his 'duty' and then sat down. My husband and I both tried to coax him to stand up and come back in the house on his own: "Want a treat? Come get your TREAT Toby!" "Want some CHICKEN? Yum! COME GET SOME chicken Toby! Come on!! Get some chicken! want some chicken???" Even offering some of HIS chicken to our other little dog, Meeka, didn't do the trick. He just sat there... This is NOT his 'normal way'...but after gently lifting his butt off the grass FOR him...he was able to walk to the house for his treat. Poor little guy. The hard part for us gets even harder because he doesn't understand WHY we keep putting him back into his crate. To him, this is punishment I think. He acts SAD. His job is to sit in our laps at ALL times...and to follow us everywhere, no matter what. This isn't what Toby DOES and it is making him depressed I think. That worries me too. He can't understand that this is just for 3-4 more weeks ....

2 comments:

  1. so, can you fix a sling-like thing so you can carry him around with you when you are home? Ya know, like those baby wraps? Then he won't feel so sad and left out..... and it would support his back - just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't KNOW! That's a GREAT idea!!! I'll check with my vet today and ask- I'll post the answer he gives me! What a great idea....I hope he says YES to that one....

    ReplyDelete