Sunday, June 27, 2010

is he in pain?

I THINK maybe Toby's depressed because they took him off pain killers Friday. He is still on Prednisone...but I believe he hurts. The vet DID say that we could give him 1/4- 1/2 of an adult aspirin. BUT then I remembered what happened with my little dog that I had when I was first married- a Maltese mix. I did that and he went PARALYZED- couldn't walk a single step- until it wore off! The vet back THEN said "that's not uncommon, dogs shouldn't be given aspirins as that is a side effect that sometimes happens. When it wore off, he was fine. So, I'll ask for something a bit 'safer' that won't cause ME to panic!!!

Until then- I don't know what else I can do...has anyone any ideas for me?? Has aspirin ever done anything negative to YOUR dog??

No comments:

Post a Comment