Monday, June 28, 2010

DAY 11.....what an IMPROVEMENT!

My gosh! We woke up to a little HAPPY DOG this morning! He wants to BOUNCE, he wants to RUN...he want's to be the BICHON HE WAS BORN TO BE!!! Oh oh....this is GOOD...but this is is bad at the same time! We can't let him re-injure his back...but my GOSH! What an amazing difference. My husband said "Maybe we should ask the vet for something to calm him down"? Oh wow...this is a BITTERSWEET situation for sure!

I will be heading to the grocery store to get him some bones bcause I got THIS suggestion from a friend "in the Know":
One thing you could do (I do it for Bengy my dog every day) for Toby is buy BEEF ribs cut off all the meat you can then I nuck usually around 7 bones for 5 minutes, let cool (if you need one right away put in ice water for about a minute), then give Toby one in his crate and he will be rewarded in his crate. He will eventually want to go to his crate because he gets a bone. I give Bengy one everyday around 5 and about 4:30 he starts whining for his bone. I have done this for 2 years since choosing never to have his teeth cleaned again. It doesn't get rid of all bad breath but helps alot better then greenies which we have also used. It costs about 7 dollars aweek but what the heck. VERY GOOD ADVICE that I am about to put into action! Thanks Connie!

No comments:

Post a Comment